Friday, October 06, 2006
From the very beginning...
It's time to put my memory to the test -- to trace back what happened from the very beginning. The very first few days:
05 May, I embarked on the journey to USA. I was busy packing the previous night, trying to stuff all my things into the luggage that I have. Coming up with the packing list didn't help much, cos on hindsight, there were so many things which I should have brought but didn't, and brought too many things which I need not have to.
Travelling tip #1:
Travel light if you can. Pick out a few core pieces of clothing, probably enough to last you 2 weeks or so without obviously repeating them. Mix and match. Rest of the clothes, BUY THERE!!! Haha..
Travelling tip #2:
When going to countries like USA, don't forget your good ole' IndoMee!! Hot favourite, which I think many SG'eans brought, but I didn't! I had my supply later on when my parents visited me though, so lucky me...Other than that, if you have a kitchen to use, don't forget to bring curry paste, soup bases, etc etc. Seriously, after eating out for at most 2 weeks, you will start to miss real Asian food, and not want to touch those salty sausages, and hamburgers or what not.
Alright, I digressed quite a bit. Yep so I was busy packing and I didn't really have much sleep that night. The next morning, before I left for the airport, I had to go to the hospital to visit my grandfather first. I was really kinda worried for him cos he had lost so much weight since the last time I saw him over the new year. Dear just had to keep assurring me he's gonna be fine.
So I arrived at the airport, with my entire family. Even my brother happened to be out of camp that day, since he was flying to Taiwan the day after me. A million thanks to Qiulin, Zhihui and Wanling who came to send me off, my darling Jess who called me on my way to the airport, and Boon Hwa who called after knowing I was flying off in a few hours' time on his birthday. Haha..

Silly me, who started to tear a little, and trying really hard to hold back just when I was about to enter the gates, cos suddenly the reality of leaving struck me. Even XM started getting emotional about it too. When we were inside, we were laughing at ourselves for that embarrassing moment!! *grinz*
So, both of us had a long journey ahead of us. It's going to be non-stop flying for the next day or so. The flight itinery:
Singapore --> Bangkok --> Los Angeles --> Atlanta --> Orlando.
Can you imagine how long and torturing the flight is?! At least there was good in-flight entertainment, with many many movies, such as King Kong and others (which I forgot!). I just tried to watch as many as I can, while I catch up on my sleep.
Some photos of us in transit, many more with XM that I have yet to get from her!


This was in Atlanta, where we caught the beautiful sunrise. It's kinda surprising though, that we could not get connected to the wireless at all at Atlanta and LA airport.
Alright, stay tuned for the next post when we touch down in Orlando, and we begin a series of adventures before we actually start work!
I dropped by at 8:40 PM