Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Food, oh Glorious food...
Let's not forget about the food. Firstly, food in US, not surprisingly, are served in huge portions. Lots of meat, and hardly and other veg to go along, unless you're ordering salads. Speaking of which, it is during this trip, that I realised the tastiness of caesar salad, topped with plenty of crotons. The dishes are mostly on the salty side, nothing like our Chinese food with spices and different methods of cooking, which made me crave home-cooked food even more. I even craved rice after eating all that bread and stuff after some time.
So, we made a couple of trips to the restaurants, sometimes for buffet and of cos ala carte items too. One of the first places we went to, was this Mexican restaurant.

I can't remember what I ordered, but the food was rather good with the exception of that bean thing in the bowl.

That's the waitress who served us. Sorry for the blur photo, the other waitress who took it for us had really shaky hands! Looks like Small, Medium, Large. Haha..
Buffet at Golden Corrall. They really had ALOT of food. Seriously ALOT. We were so full after the meal. Me and XM, Liwen and Alicia.


This has got to be one of the best seafood I have eaten. Their bread is excellent too! Red Lobster. They have a huge lobster on the top of a car outside their restaurant. It would certainly be interesting watching someone drive that vehicle.

We've been to many more places to eat than that, of cos. BUT sorry, no photos! So we return home, where we do lots of trial and error with our cooking. It's fun preparing the food, and trying to achieve what we have in mind. But as always, the sucky part is cleaning up afterwards, and it doesn't help that their frying pans are lousy, so its often burnt and we've got lots of scrubing to do.
Menu: Pasta + Sausages + Baked beans + Clam chowder soup.


When we decide to be healthy, we have some salad. Or pancakes for breakfast when we have time (basically that means on our off days).



When we got sick of their food, or when we got our supplies from the Asian market, I whipped up a chinese dinner (almost). I now know how to cook rice using the pot, instead of the rice cooker. And veg with mushrooms and oyster sauce.
Menu: White rice + Bai cai with mushrooms in oyster sauce + SPAM (equivalent to our luncheon meat) + Egg soup.


Not to mention fried rice too, which I occasionally would fry and bring to work the next day. Not too bad I guess. Oh yeah, I must mention how cheap-skate we may get sometimes. We do buy some seasoning, but some others, we just try to bring home those packets from the staff canteen. Haha..they have everything from ketchup, to mustard, salt and pepper and even kikkoman soy sauce! Okay, they only don't have chilli sauce. But not to worry, cos we got our Thai Chilli sauce from Walmart, and its great!
My last few attempts at cooking at the resort. Paad Thai! Not too bad, except its a little tasteless. Looks pretty okay, isn't it?

Hmmm...I don't know if I will ever cook like that again. Sometimes it's really under circumstances that we learn and do things we don't usually do. Like now when I'm back home, where my Mummy does the cooking for my family, I won't even think of cooking. That's what being spoilt at home does to you.
I dropped by at 5:59 PM